Tuesday 18 October 2011


Around this time every year there is a huge fun fair in the city of Hull. When I was younger I used to go quite often with my family and enjoyed getting a present from Santa and sampling the sweet, sugary food of the fair! Before last week I hadn't been to Hull fair in around 10 years but decided this year that I wanted to go and see what all the fuss was about!
I eventually persuaded my boyfriend, Pete, to take me and we had an awesome night! The fair was so much bigger then I had ever remembered. A whole street was dedicated to food stalls with people selling toffee apples, candy floss, fudge, brandy snap and every other sweet imaginable! 
We had a look around the other stalls which mainly consisted of games which were quite obviously impossible to win, although this didn't stop us trying! 
Being a typical man, Pete decided he wanted a go on the dodgems! We shared a car which I was supposed to be driving but I just kept making the car go backwards and round in circles rather then forward! So Pete took control and on a few occasions almost threw me out of my seat!
He then decided he wanted to go on the ghost train! Now we all know that ghost trains at fun fairs are usually meant to scare little children, not adults. It was all quite funny and rather stupid until the last few seconds when I was expecting the ride to finish and pretty much crapped my pants when this horrible looking creature jumped out of no where, making me scream like a little girl! Pete said he just thinking how the ride was a waste of money until that moment!
We then had a few more plays on some of the games. Pete won me an adorable robin hood teddy on a darts game and then I won another teddy on a horse racing game!


To finish off the night, we decided to go on the big ferris wheel. I wasn't too keen to go on as those kind of rides make me feel uncomfortable being so high in the sky but it was lovely to look at night sky view!

Me and Pete on the ferris wheel looking over the rest of the fair!

All in all, it was a great night and I think Pete enjoyed it after being so reluctant to go in the first place. I think the purple candy floss he bought topped off his night! 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you both ended up having a good time! And that Robin Hood teddy is so cute!

    http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Twitter